.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Send As SMS

"...whom shall I fear, when You're right here beside me

Thursday, July 07, 2005

I've been tagged

I can’t believe I’ve been tagged. Was just wondering who would tag me, lo and behold a little voice told me to read ahem’s blog. Hmmm

Food Tagged

I've been food tagged! Here goes...

  1. What is your first memory of baking/cooking on your own?
    Oh man, how am I supposed to remember this? Honestly, I think I started by cooking rice for my mum (maybe age 8 or 9), followed by frying an egg which I could never and still can’t do. It looks like I’m at war with it. Ask Shannon and he’ll tell you stories of how I would stand so far away from the pan. He and mum would laugh at me…how humiliating.

    2. Who had the most influence on your cooking?
    I always loved eating, but never bothered learning how to cook until I came to Melbourne. First year in Melbourne I was still very sheltered, had my aunt to cook but of course she would insist that I help in the kitchen. Didn’t mind doing that, but learnt nothing. Second year in Melbourne, all alone, had no choice but learn to cook. Invested in a couple of cooking books and only attempted a few dishes. Third year in Melbourne is the most fruitful of the lot. I met this guy name Jason, no he is not available, neither am I, and he loves to cook. Every meal there would be 3 to 4 dishes on the table. Our meal comprised of fish, chicken, beef, veggie, “Chinese Dishes” not one or two but a minimum of 3 dishes per meal.

Another person that influence me is my house mate Eileen…she loves to bake. Have you met anyone who just loves baking? The best part about her is she is also very ‘generous’ something I really like about her.

Couple of others are Timon (Chun Hoo) and Villie.


3. Do you have an old photo as “evidence” of an early exposure to the culinary world and would you like to share it?
Nope… Why it’s just wrong.

4. Mageirocophobia - do you suffer from any cooking phobia, a dish that makes your palms sweat?
Nope, but I do suffer from spoiling expensive instruments (kitchen gadget) every time I cook.

5. What would be your most valued or used kitchen gadgets and/or what was the biggest let down?
Frying pan…biggest let down is a sifter. Not the open old fashion one, the one I’m referring to is the modern hi-tech sifter. Anyway what’s the let down, well I made crepes and when I was done I washed it, no t realizing that there were some flour caught at the base. Well when washing I saw some flour around the base of the rim and because I was in the midst of washing it, the remnant of the flour went back in to the sifter and became lumpy….deng deng deng

We all know when flour meets liquid it becomes lumpy. So now I’m stuck with a sifter with lumpy flour. Anyway, I have bought a new sifter, but will be more careful in the near future.


6. Name some funny or weird food combinations/dishes you really like - and probably no one else!

  • Melted Ice – cream
  • I don’t like food that is dry … eg. Dry rice with dry dishes, there must be something wet like soup or gravy.
  • Chicken liver…yum J

7. What are the three eatables or dishes you simply don’t want to live without?

  • Skinny milk smoothie with boysenberries, blueberries, strawberries, bananas and yogurt ice cream. It’s a must have…
  • Milo
  • Gelati: Pistachio, mango, lychee, durian, and ferrero roche flavour

8. Three quickies:

  • Your favorite ice-cream… : Trampoline’s gelati flavours as above, Bulla yogurt ice cream (mango passion flavour) and Baskin butter pecan…yum J
  • You will probably never eat… : Couscous (for no reason) dog meat
  • Your own signature dish… : Dhal

9. Who do you want most to cook you dinner?
Chun Hoo

And my own question that I would love to answer:
What was the last thing you cooked?

Crepes


10. What dishes do you never say no to?
EGGs, chicken wings, seafood, liver, pork

My next three wombats, who will be tagged are.... need to think about it. Will get back to you

1 Comments:

Blogger TiaMaria said...

see ya soon... i kinda miss everyone right now

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home